13 June 2006

Yep, Still Alive

Yes, I'm still alive. I know it's been a long time since I wrote anything but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. Unfortunately, I haven't been busy doing art. First, there was the IRS problem, then I was a poll worker for the lastest election, and lastly (and most fun of all) I was playing plumber. With regards to this last item, one of the control valves on our sprinkler system broke off, so we had to turn off the water and dig out the valve. Then we found the pipe had problems too, so we decided to replace most of the system. Lucky for me, hubby was home and helped with the digging, but that meant for an entire week, I did nothing but play in the sand.

So, I'm finally back to doing art. (I spent yesterday packing up a number of items and shipping them, so if you are wondering where your ______ is, it's in the mail!) Today, I actually got out brushes and paint and painted a ruby-throated hummingbird.




I should have done one of our local hummingbirds -- we have 3 common species here -- but I went with the ruby-throated since that's what most of the U.S. has. Besides, I have quite a number of good photos of them to work from. I must say, it was a challenge to do since they are iridescent and that's very tricky in watercolor. But he turned out fine and I hope he finds a nice home.

No comments: