- Books take no shelf space.
- You can take notes in the margin, so to speak.
- You can put a bookmark at the top of the page.
- There are a lot more free books available as ebooks than as physical books.
- You still can't use it to read in the bathtub, or outside, or in bed with a cat on your stomach.
- It bothers my eyes and neck to sit here and read for any period of time.
- Math books don't translate well to ebooks.
- I suspect that the Kindle is sending information back to Amazon because suddenly their recommendations reflect the non-Amazon Kindle book I'm reading.
So, will I ever be hooked on ebooks? No.
Will I buy a Kindle or Nook? Probably not.
Will I consider buying ebooks? Probably for newer authors, where they either don't publish in a physical form or I'm too cheap to spend $20 on an unknown.
And now, off to bed and a nice physical book!