03 January 2013

I Survived!!!

8:12am power out
3:23pm power on

Boy did it get chilling in here!  And boring once my laptop battery died...  But we survived!  I got some excellent warm snuggles from Spencer and Wendy that helped me endure this hardship.

Actually, it wasn't so bad until 3pm when it didn't come on.  I did find things to do -- although I couldn't do a couple of things because I hadn't prepared.  I forgot a pattern I wanted was in the closet and the closet is dark without a light.  Of course, the flashlight was dead.  I got a bit worried about it not coming on tonight.  I love my house, but it has almost no insulation.  And I couldn't figure out what to feel the cats, since I need to grind chicken.

And now, off to a hot cup of cocoa and to grind the chicken...

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So glad you survived your ordeal, next time shopping stock up on batteries and candles maybe!!concLog

L.M. Hornberger said...

Batteries, yes. The candles I can't do because I have jumping Persians.