06 January 2013

Last Day....

Tomorrow it's back to school.  I guess there is little point in whining about that -- I have to go back to work to get a paycheck to support my cats.  <sigh>  If only they would get jobs....

I actually had a pretty good day yesterday, considering my own stupidity.  I had ordered a rug cleaner and I saw on the FedEx site that it was "on truck for delivery".  They have delivered things on Saturday, so I thought it would come yesterday.  So, I waited... and waited... and nothing.  I finally went back to their tracking page and read the whole page, including the fine print "on truck for delivery on the next business day".  <pout>  It would have been nice to have it today so I could use it.

Another disappointed is the local fabric/craft store did not have the cross-stitch material I wanted.  Off-white 14-count Aida is not unusual, but they didn't have any.  So, my options are:

  • wait and hope they get more in
  • drive down the hill and see if Micheal's or Joan Fabrics has it
  • order it online
  • go to Wal-Mart (not a real option to me since I hate the company so much)
I think I'll probably order it online, since I'll be sure to get what I want.  But then I'll also end up ordering more, because I can't just order the one thing.  LOL!  It would get here this week.  But I'm still a bit annoyed that I can't get started on it today.


Lucky for me <note sarcasm >, I have some things to do.

  • Haircut
  • Buy furnace filters
  • Groceries
  • Make cat food
  • Figure out lesson plans
I suppose there are lots of other things I should do too, but if I get these 5 items done, I'll be okay for this week.  I do want time for snuggles and grooming and reading.

No comments: