So, I've been thinking of what to do and how to do it. There's so many things I do want to do, but I really have a very limited amount of time, even without Facebook. Something like learn to play my flute just isn't going to happen -- practice 1/2 an hour every other weekend.... But there are a number of things I can or need to do:
- Do something about my weight. Yep, I'm fat. Not only are some of my favorite clothes not fitting, I'm beginning to feel a bit inconvenienced when I move around.... I need to lose weight and get in shape. Now, I know me -- if I say diet, I will for about 2 hours and then binge on something. With tom losing weight and needing extra calories, I can't even keep the stuff out of the house. So, maybe eat better, more nutritious meals is more realistic than a diet. Then rely on exercise to actually help lose the weight. I have a great book on losing fat via working with weights, so I'll start on that. The program is simple and designed to be done in 20-30 minutes, which really does fit my schedule. While walking would be nice, I don't have the time to do a 30 minute walk every day, and I won't do it after dark here. (Too many semi-feral dogs wandering around looking for a fat juice morsel...)
- Read something other than cats. Yes, I love cats, but really, I don't need to read about them all the time. I just finished a book on the Great Influenza Pandemic of 1918 and started on an older book on English Dialects. They both reminded me of all the other subjects I'm interested in. So, I did the only logical thing -- I ordered 5 books on linguistics. That will be my 'area of focus' next year.
Now those are the things I've decided on, but there's a number of other things floating around in my head. Things like:
- something to do for fun -- stamps? quilting? cross-stitch?
- organizing the house -- cleaning, finishing painting the bathroom, building bookshelves, etc. I suppose tackling THAT closet should be on the list too.
- bathing and grooming the cats
- really studying either feline nutrition or nephrology -- I have wonderful books on these topics, but I need the time to work through them.
- eating better -- as in actually cook something, not just heat it in a microwave.
- deal with the stuff from my father's house that is in storage in Iowa
- sort out my retirement/investments
I have about 2 weeks to sort through all this and come up with a game plan.