26 December 2012

Almost Over...

Well, another holiday season has come and is almost gone.  Sorry, but -- YIPEE!

I know I don't have the proper holiday spirit.  I think it has to do with me working until a few days before the big day, being so tired I can barely function, getting sick, and not finding chicken thighs at the store.

Okay, maybe the last one is not earth shattering to some, but since I make the kitties' food using chicken thighs, it is a major problem.  If you don't think so, read the previous post about Wendy.  Anyway, in an effort to make room for the hams and whole turkeys, they don't stock chicken thighs.  So I had to make due with the chicken 'Griller Pack', which had 3 legs and 2 breasts.  With cat food, the muscle meat to bone ratio is very important and chicken thighs are almost perfect in that respect.  This 'Griller Pack' probably is off, and if it was a matter of life-or-death, I'd calculate the ratios, but it is close enough for a few days.

Fingers crossed for Wendy...

Speaking of her, she had a good day.  No more vomiting, but then no poos either.

Anyway, back to the holidays... I guess I get tired of the sales and the faux cheer people have.  Christmas in its non-religious version should be about giving special present to special friends.  It's not a contest as to who gave whom the most or the best.  I want my presents to be special to the people that I give them to.

And therein lies my problem.  I barely had time to pick out a few nice presents for a couple of dear friends.  Two of my closest friends will have to wait a bit for their presents.  (I'm shooting for the Eastern Orthodox Christmas!)  It's all rush, rush, and rush.  I'm a slow person I guess...

So, maybe once the holiday madness leaves, I can finally finish my Christmas shopping for this year.

No comments: