02 January 2013

I Went Shopping...

I was going to write a bit this morning, but... well, I ordered some stuff online.  Cat stuff.  About $180 worth.    Clicked 'place order' and.....

Nada, zippo, nothing...

Did one of those online chats with a customer service person and he could not tell me if I had placed an order or not, because "it may take upto 24 hours for the system to process".  Huh?  It's a computer!!! Not a little old man with a clipboard in a huge warehouse.

Besides, and this is the 'fun' part, I was using a 15% off coupon which expires tonight, so tomorrow it's too late.  And 15% of $180 is $27, which is, well, the gallon of Urine Off for free.  (Yes, there is trouble in Kitty Land!)

So, rather than sit and stew over this, and because Clarissa was out of cat food, I went shopping at 'her' pet store in Redlands.  About 75 miles away.  Yes, I drive all the way over there for her food.  Why?  Because they also sell frozen raw food, they are nice people, and I almost killed Clarissa with a can of food from a national chain because they had never heard of rotating stock.  (I'll get to that story someday.)  And also because hubby wanted to go to a bookstore.

Okay, I also wanted to go to a huge craft store there to find an album cover for Maggie's pages.  They had lots of stuff, but nothing fit her, the pages, or my tastes, so I will probably end-up making something.  Actually ended up depressed because there was all that fun stuff and I have so little time to do anything really.  But I'm more in awe of what my friend did for me -- looking at all the bits and pieces she put on the pages and the papers and the die-cutters and ... wow!

One last thing -- the order did go through... Order at 7:30am, confirmed at 2:17pm.  Gotta luv computers!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

The things we do for our pussy cats. I found out roughly how far 75 miles is from home, man that's a day trip there and back.
Clarissa will love you forever~^..^~

L.M. Hornberger said...

By the time we drive there, shop, stop a couple of other places, and drive home -- yep, most of the day. It was nice though just to sit, drive, and chat.

As for Clarissa -- hahaha, that's why she got me up at 3:23am, when she decided everything on my dresser had to go!